Unless otherwise stated, all resources on this website are licensed under a Creative Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 License. If you have any questions about copyrights at this site, please feel free to contact us.
Most of the translations on this site are in the public domain in the United States (US), as they were published between 1923 and 1964 and the copyright was not renewed, or the copyright has expired normally (they were published in or prior to 1922). In addition, books printed outside the US in or before 1922 are in the public domain in the US.
Books and other content become public domain in different ways in different countries. If you reside outside the US, you will have to use different criteria to determine if a translation is in the public domain. This means that some translations may be in the public domain in the US but not in your country of residence.
The site has obtained copyright permissions, either directly or through a third party copyright owner, for translations published after 1964. This includes works that were never copyrighted in the US or whose US copyrights had already expired. User submitted files and unknown copyright status may still be undergoing validation. However, if anyone can establish that they are the copyright holder, we will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement that are reported to us.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, please provide us with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the Website;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, including a name, address, telephone number and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Some texts are copyrighted but released by their copyright holders for non-commercial use, please determine for your country of residence the copyright criteria for files in the public domain with restricted copyrights (i.e. stipulations that the file must be distributed in entirety and intact, including any copyright and usage messages etc.) and how these restrictions on their use effect your purpose.
Public domain files from this site can be used for any purposes, without asking for permission. Consider leaving a notification or attribution to the Quran project as the original source, even while this is not absolutely required.
The public domain files at this site have been prepared for free distribution at great labor and expense, please consider donating and help us build better quranic tools for a better web.